Monday, November 30, 2009

PA Tour: Part 2

Sunday was spent by more sightseeing. This was the house I lived in when I was born; Spring Lane, Boiling Springs, PA. My parents loved this house, it was built by Ed Berkheimer. My room was upstairs, the center window and the one to its right.
This is Children's Lake where my parents took me to feed the ducks on Sunday. The leaning tree looks so pretty in the summer.
Thats the Old Mill down at the end, photographed as much as our Brant Point Lighthouse.
Same thing with this clock.
Ed Berkheimer built this gazebo and its the site of many special events.
The Berkheimers have lots of pictures of my mom in this exact spot.
They too have a Christmas tree floating in the water that lights up at night.
My dad spread my moms ashes in this spot.
Marjorie is a great hiker and she took me to a part of the Appalachian Trail.
This symbol means to 'turn'. One slash means to continue straight ahead.
Kings Gap General Store is totally adorable. My mom loved coming here to get famous Kay&Ray Potato Chips. I am trying really hard not to eat the bag that I bought until I get home next week.
The barns in PA are absolutely beautiful, especially with their brick detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment