Thursday, November 26, 2009

AX Liz

One of the biggest highlights of my trip was traveling to Pinehurst, North Carolina to see my sweet Liz, who was my housemother at my sorority house at UVM. She is a mother figure, a grandmother figure, a person who knew me during a pivotal point in my life. Liz calls you 'dear' and 'darling', sends you handwritten notes and seems to remember just about everyone who lived in the house during the 13 years she was in Vermont. She is one of the people I hold in the highest regard and feel so, so fortunate to have spent Tuesday and Wednesday morning with her.
Her beautiful home on the 5th hole at Pinehurst...
Liz took me to this garden which she just recently completed as a gift to the hospital which cared for her sweet husband Bill. The old garden was overgrown and unapproachable and the hospital desperately needed a haven for families to go. Her vision includes a patio, dining area, benches and gardens which is in keeping with Liz's spirit, always giving to others.
Club house at Pinehurst 2.
We went for tea at the Clubhouse which was decked for the holidays and included this huge gingerbread display which looks small in the pictures but was gynormous and very detailed oriented.

No comments:

Post a Comment