If you are from Vermont, then I don't need to say a thing to explain this picture. Stiff competition for the Juice Bar...
Wednesday, September 30, 2009
The highlight of my day was visiting my little sister Jena and her perfect 9-week-old son Chase. I am a proud Auntie!
Monday, September 28, 2009
I have the pleasure of staying in beautiful Jeffersonville, VT with my dear sweet Devon and her two angels for three days. We are tackling the job of painting both the living room and kitchen, moving furniture around and are quite smitten with the fact that when we unhooked a million electronics and wires, we plugged them all back in again and they actually worked.
Friday, September 25, 2009
My brother is so great, he came from Waltham to say hi and goodbye and brought along all of these gadgets; an Ipod cable so I can listen to more tunes in the car and this handy dandy contraption that converts your cigarette lighter into an outlet.
Posted by Laura S. Fletcher at 1:36 AM
That afternoon I went to Brookline to visit the Bridier clan who are just wonderful; I regretfully did not get a picture of their sweet daughter Charlotte but just think of the yummiest little pumpkin and that pretty much sums her up nicely. Check out Andrew's company, Castaway Clothing.
I then jetted over to Cambridge for lunch with Yvonne and Tina (look closely)...she and I lived together in college and Yvonne recently graced Boston with her lovely presence; selfishly, I am glad she is closer to moi and ACK.
I had the best day ever in Boston; it started off with a morning visit with my dear friend Jaime and her darling daughter Chloe who turned 2 yesterday. Jaime and I have been friends for years and it was so great to reconnect.
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
I am taking a yacht off island...actually its the Steamship Authority's vehicle vessel that takes us back and forth from Nantucket to Hyannis. They pile on cars and people for a 2.15 hour ride to the mainland. There is a vague smell from the hotdogs they insist on starting now, pleather and wet doggies. Having high speed internet on a boat in the middle of the ocean makes it all better though...
Posted by Laura S. Fletcher at 7:31 AM
Wednesday, September 2, 2009
Tuesday, September 1, 2009
Three weeks and counting, the big trip begins. Here's the state line-up and whats happening in each state:
- VT: Very special wedding, Route 100 (sugar house, Ben&Jerry's, Cold Hollow Cider Mill, VT Country Store, Simon Pierce Glass)
- NY: Upstate NY, Statue of Liberty, NY Stock Exchange, Central Park
- PA: Pennsylvania Dutch community, Philly, Visit of hometown (Carlisle)
- OH: Lime production company (ok people, I need help with this state), Cincinnati
- IN: Wyandott Caves, Indianapolis
- IA: Corn!
- SD: Mt. Rushmore and the Badlands
- WY: Yellowstone National Park and Jackson Hole
- ID: Potatoes! Craters of the Moon National Monument, Snake River
- OR: Portland, where do I even begin?
- CA: Yosemite National Park, Golden Gate Bridge, Sequoia National Park, Wineries (LA, Santa Barbara, Santa Monica, Carmel, San Diego)
- AZ: Grand Canyon
- UT: Zion National Park, Four Corners
- NM: White Sands National Park
- TX: Fort Worth, Oil fields
- OK: Oklahoma City
- LA: New Orleans
- AR: Hot Springs National Park, Ozarks
- TN: Country Music Hall of Fame
- SC: Charleston
- NC: Charlotte
- VA: Great Falls
- DC: Washington, DC